If you’ve held onto your old Android for too long and you’re ready to upgrade to a new phone and a new service, Visible Swap could work for you. If your phone isn’t compatible with Visible’s network, you can still swap it for a free Android phone. Customers looking for a faster device may want to purchase one of the best Android phones separately and bring it to Visible. Here’s how you can trade in your old device for something shiny and new with Visible.
How to use Visible Swap
Visible is an all-digital carrier using the Verizon network. As such, Visible phones must support features like Verizon’s VoLTE to activate properly. This means a lot of older phones or phones made specifically for other carriers may not work. To help new customers switch, Visible introduced Visible Swap which allows you to trade in your old Android phone for a Visible ZTE Blade A3 Prime. Your old phone needs to be able to turn on and must not be supported by Visible. It’s important to note that this program is only available to new customers.
Order your new phone
- Visit the Visible Swap web page under the Deals tab at Visible.com.
- Select Swap my phone.
- Enter your current phone’s IMEI.
- If your phone is eligible, select Swap my phone.
- Select Choose your new phone.
- Select the ZTE Blade A3 Prime and agree to return your old phone.
- Add the ZTE to your bag by selecting Swap my phone – FREE
- Complete Visible’s signup procedure by following the on-screen instructions.
You can also sign up to Visible through the Visible app. Visible Swap works on the app as well, just choose to bring your own phone and enter the IMEI of the swap eligible phone.
Return your old phone
Your new phone will come with a return shipping label and an insert for your old phone. You will also receive an email with detailed return instructions.
- Perform a factory data reset on your old phone to clear off your personal data. You can find this in Settings.
- Place your old phone under the plastic in the return insert included in your return box. Do not include any accessories.
- Place the insert in the shipping box and seal the box with tape.
- Place the return label on the box.
- Take your package to the carrier on the label or contact the carrier for a pickup.
That’s all there is to it! Be sure to return your old phone within 14 days of receiving your new phone or your account will be charged the full amount of the new phone. If you decide you want to keep your old phone, you can, but your account will be charged the full value of the new phone.
Visible Swap can be a great value if you need a new phone and a new service but don’t have the budget for a new phone. If you’ve been keeping an old phone as long as possible before upgrading, Visible Swap can be a great way to get a new phone and unlimited service at the same time.
Our top equipment picks
Unlimited data and hotspot
Don’t stop streaming
Take advantage of your new phone without slowing down and share it with other devices on an unlimited hotspot without hitting a data cap.
Android Central – Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers